MLK DAY 2020 1/20/2020

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:36 am

Cat was pretty fun yesterday (Monday). No lines at all.

WOOOOOO!

carolinacub
Beginner
Tagline: Yes I am a Cubs fan

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:14 pm

actually had a woman in her faux fur jacket and spangled gloves put her hands on her hips come up and yell at me while I was standing by the patrol room and ask when I was shutting off the machines. My reply....hopefully Thursday.
killglobalwarmingnow
Advanced

Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:57 pm

I think the day of MLK is lighter than Fri - Sun.

But holiday ticket pricing in NC needs to be $120 or north for full day tickets and with higher window rates.
marzski
Advanced

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:26 pm

brigand wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:13 am
I can't imagine anyone invested enough in skiing/riding to actually post here would ski on MLK day. Pretty sure it's hands down the worst day of the season :) 20 min lift lines? No thanks.
Well, I had a great time at Massanutten on MLK Day. Was skiing with a couple friends, which included a couple of tweens. Snowguns were on all day, but we had all the necessary gear for staying warm and dry. As expected, lines for Lift 5 and Lift 6 never got bad. Because it's a timeshare resort, few people who stayed for just the weekend ski/board on Monday. They have to check out by 10am, often just go tubing and then drive home. Not even holiday rates for that Monday.

Never a line for Lift 6 to the summit at Mnut, even midday on Sat or Sun of a holiday weekend. It loads mid-mountain. The Mid-Mountain Grill is open on weekends. Grill is run by parent volunteers of Mnut ski/board teams. No indoor seating, but can be good on a warmish day. As long as a porta-potty is good enough, there is no need to go back to the base until ready for a longer break.
2019-20: Bryce, Cataloochee, Massanutten. Plans: Taos, SLC using Ikon, Steamboat, Alta in April
jacksonhwall
Beginner
Tagline: living for the Winter

Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:27 am

carolinacub wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:14 pm
actually had a woman in her faux fur jacket and spangled gloves put her hands on her hips come up and yell at me while I was standing by the patrol room and ask when I was shutting off the machines. My reply....hopefully Thursday.
haha this is great. give her a pair of goggles and say "have fun"
swamphox
Expert

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:25 pm

killglobalwarmingnow wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:57 pm
I think the day of MLK is lighter than Fri - Sun.

But holiday ticket pricing in NC needs to be $120 or north for full day tickets and with higher window rates.
Weekend/holiday at 120? U know thanksgiving is a holiday rate typically....
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 19-20
App 1
Cat 3
Ober 1