The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Enjoying Summer 2020 Already

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

Yeah it sux but plzzzzzzz remember........
Its not nice to curse Mother Nature. :evil:
Im going to coverd up with snakes,scorpions,ticks and garbage can raiding bears again this summer if it doesn't get cold and stay cold soon
swamphox
Expert

Yep. Paying 70 bucks for what weve got right now? No thanks
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

killglobalwarmingnow wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:02 pm I wish we had a record of the number of hours spent below 32 degrees so we could see how bad it has been the last 8 or so years.
Check out this link.

http://xmacis.rcc-acis.org/

WOOOOOO!

beeesmitty
Beginner
Tagline: I heard you know Bofa

wow...my trip to Beech end of January hopefully gets cooler.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

The middle of January looks like another thaw. Hopefully the models change.
WOOOOOO!

L Bear
Beginner

is this why I don't see David McCue anymore?

adm1n
Intermediate

L Bear wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:10 pm is this why I don't see David McCue anymore?

Yes and it was his choice - not ours. Love David...

Gotten so many great responses to the story from weather people who agree with the story. A couple shared some links to articles from the 70s and 80s where Snowshoe was talking about so many financial issues due to bad weather and no snow on the slopes. Kenny's own post above showing days under 32 degrees show exactly how cyclical the weather has been going back to the 20s.

Intelligent people should be able to agree/disagree and continue to be friends. My whole take is NOT that Climate Change isn't a thing. But that Climate Change has and always WILL BE a thing. Should we pour less carbon emissions into our air - absolutely. Is it effecting the atmosphere - surely.

However, I posted the story because I am simply tired of getting an email a day when we are in the midst of a thaw period - claiming that we won't have ski areas operating in the United States in a not-so-distant future. That is simply ludicrous. Hundreds of thousands of skiers and snowboarders will still be skiing in the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and all across America for the next millennium...unless of course we are doing it on hover skis, etc...but we'll still have snow on the slopes if we want it.