The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Cataloochee Can-U-Ski & Coat Day, Dec. 8, 2019, anyone going?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
marzski
Advanced

Anyone headed to Cat for the annual Can-U-Ski & Coat Day this Sunday, Dec. 8?

If all goes according to plan for my weekend, I'll be there for at least a few hours. Never been to Cat before. But spending a few days near Asheville before I pick up my daughter after her exams are over next week.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
marzski
Advanced

No one? I know not too much open yet, but it's for a good cause. Free lift ticket for donating cans of food or winter coats.

Hopefully snowmaking temps on Friday and Saturday nights.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

I’ll be there tomorrow with the wife. Looking forward to it. Haven’t been to Cat in a few years.
WOOOOOO!

swamphox
Expert

My boy and I will be there. Hope to get there for rope drop and leave before it gets too insane
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Watch out for the Furman womens team Swampy
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
marzski
Advanced

swamphox wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:53 pm My boy and I will be there. Hope to get there for rope drop and leave before it gets too insane
I'll keep an eye out. Planning on getting there early too.

Have my red helmet with a red ribbon on the back, beige jacket, deep purple pants. Skis have a purple bull and lots of stickers.
marzski
Advanced

Had a very good time in the sunshine at Cat last Sunday. I was with new friends (two families) who are local. Met one mom on TheSkiDiva forum a few months ago. We also skied at Cat on Monday morning when it was like a private ski hill. Great for working on technique.

For a couple few pics of Can-U-Ski Day, check out the SkiSE report for 12/9/19. I took the first one of the clouds on the lower mountain around 9am and the one of the base area around 11am. I quit around 11:30. Didn't get that crowded until close to noon.

https://www.skisoutheast.com/a-soggy-start-to-the-week/