The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Beech & Sugar Aerial Views Today - 11/4/19

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Paul
Beginner

marzski
Advanced

Thanks for the pics!
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Sugar was closer than I thought.
WOOOOOO!

JoshuaMcDaniel
Beginner

Paul wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:03 pm Image
Hmm...looks like 12-24in base, with "some bare spots" to me. Mid-season thaw conditions, could definitely be open :-)
wilks
Beginner

Damn, stepping it up a notch with aerial recon. I like it.
johnmelton
Beginner

I wonder if when conditions are marginal Sugar will ever just open the top 2/3 of the mountain and run Gunther's lift and use the new quad for up/downloading. They may have to with climate change shortening the season. I definitely miss having the mid loading station of the old yellow double lift. It is curious on last Thursday when it got down to the low 20's, and on Friday when temps were marginal they did not run there compressors and air water guns to make more snow at the bottom. I think they could have opened if they did. I am guessing they are trying to save money as the fan guns are more efficient or there compressor was broken but they lost a whole week of revenue not being able to open. They did run the air water guns Sunday morning but it was too late.
marzski
Advanced

johnmelton wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:47 am I wonder if when conditions are marginal Sugar will ever just open the top 2/3 of the mountain and run Gunther's lift and use the new quad for up/downloading. They may have to with climate change shortening the season. . . .
Certainly seems to work for Killington to only open an upper mountain lift and using the gondola to get people to/from the open trails. Even have to walk down/up some stairs to reach the skiable terrain until there is top-to-bottom coverage.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
dj
Advanced

Cool photos! Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk