The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

New guy and ?s

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
David H
Beginner

Yes, my main sport is mountain biking and working on a 4th bike so absolutely understand the misnomer of an all quiver gear. Getting to the snow on a regular basis will be a challenge but my skills don't justify more than one type of ski anyway. I got my girlfriend skiing and now we just got her two boys skiing this last weekend at Sugar and Beech so my situation is improving quickly. ;)

Thx for the tip regarding the ski shop not willing to work with 20 year old bindings. I will find out.
David H
Beginner

So I got my new boots...Speedmachine 110s. I imagine from the brief discussion so far, that Nordica is one of the big name brands...akin to Specialized and Trek in the mtb scene versus a smaller or local or boutique brand. I've paid optimum prices on bikes in the past and it really doesn't make a difference...especially at my skill level...and I really don't know what I'm talking about anyway. ;) 10% technology vs 90% skill/experience.

Heading to Wintergreen for a day trip tomorrow. Looking at my old dynastars...they don't look like they would adjust to fit my new boots plus the bindings are 20 years old...just seems like a bad idea. Probably will rent the skis from the same shop. Alternatively, I probably should listen to what the package deal might be as well. In the grand scheme it won't hurt me to get the pkg. especially if they have a good deal. The Navigator 90s seems to be what would be best for me...which they don't have in stock. I imagine they can order the skis as part of the package.

Anyway, have one acquaintance that will be up there all ready and will probably join us if not just for a beer. Anybody else?
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Did you pull the plank trigger?
K2 is revamping their line next season, branding Mindbender. Here's a review of the 108Ti

Watch for a review of 99Ti

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

spydeeTJB
Intermediate

More

Powder Magazine: K2 Overhauls Freeride Collection With New Mindbender Line.
https://www.powder.com/sponsored-conten ... nder-line/

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

David H
Beginner

Picking the 90s up today. 100 and plus seems out of my league...got a lot to work on. Will use them the first time at Wintergreen next weekend.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Awesome, enjoy!
David H
Beginner

Got to test the new skis at Wintergreen this weekend and Loved them! I'm not nuanced enough to know what were the primary factors...the snow seemed really good, I felt comfortable immediately on them and very confidence boosting, they were easier for me to control. I took one run on Wild Turkey with them and was so icy that I had a hard time...again, probably mostly had to do with my skills/experience. Carving on those icy surfaces takes skill/experience that I just need to develop.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Good to hear!
Ski The East - Born From Ice!