The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Cat 12-16-17

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
swamphox
Expert

Apologies for no video. Left my mini sd card at home and didnt realize it til I got to Cat

We headed out and got there abt 15 min before rope drop. Corwds werent ever bad...we didnt wait in lift lines hardly at all which is nice for a Saturday with conditions as great as they were. All the runs were great. I even ducked into the glades a couple of times.

AJ decided to do Upper OMG and liked it. So we did it a couple more. I think he's more partial to Alley Cat tho. He shot off to the right side of Alley Cat so he could approach this kicker at the end of it and flew over a patch of grass. I saw it and was about certain he was gonna wipe out but he dealt with it without missing a beat.

It was really clear that morning

First thing in the AM for Rock Island

The snow on Upper OMG was on PURNT

Alley Cat saw the best wipeout of the day. Kid in jeans screaming down upper snowbird and catches the front of his skis right before going over the edge into Alley Cat and proceeds to face plant, followed by a scorpion tomahawk. It was a sight to behold. He gave a thumbs up.
This is not a pic of that wipeout

The hanging gardens of Maggie Valley

AJ hitting the kicker

Skiing waits for Snowman

Rock Island looking quiet and pristing

Lower Snowbird has this pit at the end which is perfect for concentrating carnage. It wasnt too busy for a Saturday but the Goober factor was high if u went down the Snowbird runs
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3