The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

The McCueMethod of ski instruction

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
davidski
Expert

I have sent an article to the front page about the advantages of lessons, and hopefully it will be posted but I did not think it the appropriate venue to discuss a revolutionary new instruction technique that I am developing or at least that I intend to perfect. I want to build on the excellent efforts of some of our largest corporate resorts and bring extreme skiing to the masses but with an even more extreme lack of concern for my clients well-being.

My guiding principle is that aspiring extreme skiers should be coddled and encouraged then completely abandoned, for their own good and hopefully for my bottom line. Gofundme? anyone? Let me elucidate my plan.

First I will tow skiers with little or no skills to the highest accessible cirque.

I will line said skiers up along the cornice edge and encourage them to jump like lemmings

We will hope for the best

Depending on the outcome I will quickly skedaddle to the bar in the basement of the lodge; then wait to see if anyone has survived and turns up. If they are unaccompanied by a lawyer and they buy me a beer, I will give them an Official Certificate of Completion with a cool stamp; and then encourage them to buy me a bowl of antelope green chili.

Call me a visionary.
Old Fart
Beginner

Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
jt3
Intermediate

Sounds like how my buddies taught me to snowboard! Great stuff.
davidski
Expert

The principal is basically the same as old school swimming lessons where you chucked a four year old into the deep end. Acually an associated water park offering that sort of thing might be a nice addition, that's all the rage now too.
Ski Bunny
Advanced

Don't forget to tell them... No turns, go faster.
OldSchool
Intermediate
Tagline: ......................I Love Cold, Rain and Snow!

"Like Tater tots in the broiler"........ sometimes they smoke

Hey Bo! Hamme one dem beers!...
skiing rules
Expert

David where is the 2nd shot from? Looks very colorado-ey
davidski
Expert

OK, I'll tell-- it was WP/Mary Jane and I was one of the lemmings

But guess where the third one is? (the guy in the picture is actually a really good boarder)
skiing rules
Expert

yea i was thinking it looked like WP. vasquez area. idk about the third one. Its just an open slope with a piece of road down at the bottom.

powder mountain?
davidski
Expert

Loveland pass , the east side.

You know I did the powder mountain stuff where the short bus picks you up, it was so great