The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Howdy folks, new member here

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
BamaDave
Beginner

Ah, I wondered if kayakers ran the Little River! I was up there with the family in July, and we did the tubing run from the "Elbow" back into Townsend. And my wife and I drove by the river from Hwy 441 to Townsend when we did the fall-leaf-color tour a couple of months ago. It looked absolutely gorgeous, and I told my wife I'd LOVE to kayak it, but both times I've seen it the water looked way too low. Maybe I can meet you up there sometime late this coming spring or summer when the water's high enough.

I've heard great things about the Tellico and hope to do that sometime next year too!
teledave
Expert

Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] anytime. I just came in from running a lap on Greenbrier and then making a lap on the Little. If you are into kayaking, you really want to invest in a drysuit. Around here the best boating is during the winter. Plus then you can ski Ober Gatlinburg in the morning until it gets crowded, leave and go boat on the Little in the afternoon. :D
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
BamaDave
Beginner

@teledave 295059 wrote:Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] anytime. I just came in from running a lap on Greenbrier and then making a lap on the Little. If you are into kayaking, you really want to invest in a drysuit. Around here the best boating is during the winter. Plus then you can ski Ober Gatlinburg in the morning until it gets crowded, leave and go boat on the Little in the afternoon. :D

Yeah I'll definitely email you when warmer weather arrives (or sooner if I get a drysuit or drytop this winter). And morning skiing followed by afternoon boating sounds like a perfect day! :cool:
teledave
Expert

Scrounge you up some drywear and join us for the 5th Annual Baby Falls Huckfest on the 1st.

http://regions.worldkayak.com/smokies/2 ... fest-2014/
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
davidski
Expert

jeez... y'all get a room already. May I suggest something creekside?
BamaDave
Beginner

@davidski 295085 wrote:jeez... y'all get a room already. May I suggest something creekside?

Do I detect a bit of jealousy? :D
davidski
Expert

nope, just watch out -- this TD guy is trouble, he has been banned in the past, 'nough said
BamaDave
Beginner

Any STDs I should be worried about?
davidski
Expert

researching question .... grass skirts harbor insects and coconut bras on non-lactating males can cause rashes
BamaDave
Beginner

Duly noted.