The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

slopes PLEAS help!

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
greenwoodscskier
Beginner

hey im new but i am wondering who has the steepest slopes between catalooche wolf ridge sugar,and beach pleas list from 1-5 with 5 being the least steep PLEAS!!
mmmtaters
Advanced

Sugar... but that 1-5 scale is subjective & comes with variables.
swamphox
Expert

Sugar (boulderdash has 38 degrees, whoopdeedoo has around 35),

Wolf (the bowl is pretty steep, has to be steeper than anything at beech and that really short black they have is pretty steep as well),

beech (white lightning tops out at 28 degrees I think),

cat (the top of alley cat is the steepest part of that mtn but the steep part only maybe 20 yards long),
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
Tmiller72
Expert

Are you looking to ski on something steep or stay away from something steep?
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
greenwoodscskier
Beginner

@Tmiller72 258857 wrote:Are you looking to ski on something steep or stay away from something steep?

i am looking to stay away from the steep ones
Tman
Beginner

Cataloochee probably has the best progression hills. You can start on the Greenie lift and progress yourself up to the Blue/Greenie lift [mid-unload on Omigosh (closest lift to the lodge) or Rock Island Lift] The higher you go up the mountain, more difficult it'll be.

They also are good at making soft cushioney snow...you know, just in case you fall.
greenwoodscskier
Beginner

@Tman 259001 wrote:Cataloochee probably has the best progression hills. You can start on the Greenie lift and progress yourself up to the Blue/Greenie lift [mid-unload on Omigosh (closest lift to the lodge) or Rock Island Lift] The higher you go up the mountain, more difficult it'll be.

They also are good at making soft cushioney snow...you know, just in case you fall.

thanks but catalooche is sorta steep im my opnion but this is only my 5th time skiing ive been to wolf ridge and catalooche
greenwoodscskier
Beginner

i wont meduim-long less steep runs
mobile boarder
Intermediate

longest, flatest run I can think of is the Salamander run at Timberline.. Its quoted at 2 or so miles long and its fun cruising
Days on snow (tbd)
mobile boarder
Intermediate

for NC, I agree that cat is progressive and not very steep on the greens. Its a good place to work your way up and get better as you go, plus its not that expensive
Days on snow (tbd)