The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Hi everybody

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
SWVA

Allow myself to introduce... myself.

I just feel like rambling, so here's the life story relative to skiing.

During college (Emory & Henry) I was dragged to CO for a week and learned to ski at Sunlight, Buttermilk and Beaver Creek. That year I started going to Beech on "guys ski free" nights and developed a knack for sliding down the mountain on my face. I think this is when I found skinc, but got on the board.

I was lucky enough to go back to CO the next year. I think I also went to Winterplace a few times. It was here that I learned to park close to the lift for quick trips to the cooler, and once I may have accidentally given my friend a concussion. I also hit up Hawksnest at night, but got turned into an icicle by a snowmaker that was spraying water instead of powder. During this time, I kept having recurrences of a HS knee problem that did not fare well with all the twisting I was doing going from "pizza to french fries."

I moved to Memphis for an extra helping of school and didn't get to ski much at all until moving back to VA for rotations last year. I learned how to snowboard (to protect the knee) at Winterplace last year (3 days for $99- a great deal).

Anyway, I went to Sugar on Sunday to try and teach my gf how to snowboard. If you were there early, you probably saw us laying on the mid off-load ramp, or somewhere between there and the bottom. I blame my poor performance on a lack of frosty beverages. I may have to post a TR from the mid-point to the lodge :D soon.

If you read all of this^ I'm so sorry you don't have anything better to do.
SWVA

Nope, not us. She didn't stay up long enough to do major damage. She's a real athlete though. I have a feeling she'll progress a lot faster than me.... soon I'll be falling down trying to keep up with her :o
yardsale
Expert

nice avatar, welcome to the board
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
mommehK
Expert

hahah good post, and yes my life is that dull and boring to read through it -- although good fodder for passing work time. :)

welcome aboard!
peanut butter
Beginner

Welcome!!!...hope snowboarding works out better for you (and your knee)!