The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

New here

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
brownc
Beginner

Just doing my first post. mommehK told me about the forums so here I am. I live in Rome,GA and have been going to Cat for the past 3-4 years, been to sugar a few times also. I started out skiing but 2 years ago I took up snow boarding and I love it. Cant wait for the season to get started. I also make snow here at my house its fun and specially now that I have a 7 month old cant wait to see him in the snow. Was at Cat last year on opening day and it was packed but still alot of fun. So hopefully will be there on opening day this year also.

Chris
Bronco
Expert

Welcome to the madness. Post up some pics if you can when you make snow. I'm in NW Cobb, maybe see you sometime @ Cat and was at Opening Day as well last year.
mommehK
Expert

Hey welcome aboard Chris!

Rome? Seriously? OMG hubs & I are from Cartersville...nephew's fiance' goes to Berry. Too funny, too small of a world.
brownc
Beginner

haha that is crazy that you lived in cville. I am usually there every weekend, have some good friends that live there. As for the snow I have some pics and video I will post up later. It can make about 3-4 inches in 1.5-2 hours so not to bad. Adding a few things to my snow gun for this year so it should be better. replacing the valve and a few nozzles.
admin

Just testing system. This is Mike (Adm1n). I will be deleting this user in a moment. SkierMike is an alias for a moment.
Bronco
Expert

@skierMike 255904 wrote:Just testing system. This is Mike (Adm1n). I will be deleting this user in a moment. SkierMike is an alias for a moment.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm telling KenDog on you!:D
adm1n
Intermediate

@Bronco 255905 wrote:Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm telling KenDog on you!:D

Funny! I just cleared more than 2000 BS members. We've had a lot of legit new members, but a ton of junk as well. I just implemented a new recaptcha thing for NEW MEMBERS. I hate those things but maybe it will do the trick.
thefirewarde
Beginner

Adding a few things to my snow gun for this year so it should be better. replacing the valve and a few nozzles.

T-gun? Combo gun? What's your water source and compressor?

It's nice to see another snowmaker on here!
mobile boarder
Intermediate

Welcome to the board
Days on snow (tbd)
OhDrinkBoy
Expert

A brownc is better than a browneye. welcome aboard!