The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Howdy - Super Newb

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
The Boss
Beginner

They have a lot of volunteers to help get skiers in and out of Bi & Mono skis. Bring him by Cataloochee prior so he can talk to an instructor ,just make sure to call ahead to make sure one is availiable.
OhDrinkBoy
Expert

Welcome aboard. I've seen adaptive skiing at Beech a fair amount.....i'll leave that one to TheBoss.

For you. Grab some lessons and hit the slopes. I'll see you at Beech this year!
mommehK
Expert

Thanks much! If I have my way I will be seen at Beech...probably on my head in the snow like an ostrich with my lime green pants up in the air.
scotus
Intermediate

Good luck!
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Welcome to the show.

Great that he has that ambition. Good luck with trying it and loving it.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
mommehK
Expert

Thanks guys.

I'm kinda pushing him a little to be his motivation...he's heavy on the "my life's ended" feelings. Having a hard time with post-transplant complications, so I can't blame him at all.
Joshua8200
Intermediate

With an avatar like that UNC logo...we can do business.
Joshua8200
Intermediate

@mommehK 255012 wrote:Thanks guys.

I'm kinda pushing him a little to be his motivation...he's heavy on the "my life's ended" feelings. Having a hard time with post-transplant complications, so I can't blame him at all.

Sorry, that sounds very tough. Hopefully, getting out on some snow with the fine folks here in the NC mountains will help.
mommehK
Expert

Thanks Joshua -- I'll even let you slide for being in the JC! :D
Tmiller72
Expert

@mommehK 255012 wrote:Thanks guys.

Good luck, hope you can get him on the slopes. It's pretty amazing to watch adaptive skiers.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2