The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Hello there!

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
Zone Driven
Expert

Welcome newbie
thefirewarde
Beginner

@RMacSki 255623 wrote:That's awesome, but is that the slope right there?

That's an older run. I have a trail through the woods now, right behind where the tarps are in the picture. It's more shady, which is good 'cause that hill has southern exposure. There's only about 4-5 feet of vertical, plus a 4' dropin I made. (So about as tall as Cloudmont ;) ) I've also tried my front yard, but the snow gets in the road and there's no runout.

I tried to make a little snow this weekend, but the forecast was off... on Sat. the humidity stayed at 100%, on Sun. the forecast was off by 10 degrees. :mad: At least it gave me a reason to clear off the run...
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

@thefirewarde 256041 wrote:I tried to make a little snow this weekend, but the forecast was off... on Sat. the humidity stayed at 100%, on Sun. the forecast was off by 10 degrees.

Everyone knows that meteorologists are just guessing.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk.
WOOOOOO!

NCSkiFanatic15
Advanced

Welcome!
peanut butter
Beginner

@theKENDOG 256065 wrote:Everyone knows that meteorologists are just guessing.

Yeah, who would want to be a meteorologist anyway...haha

Welcome to the board, man! Definitely intrigued by your own snow-making...and as for the yard sales, you will see plenty of those at Beech and Sugar before too long (bah-dump-chhh)