The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

dog-friendly?

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
skipink
Expert

@MSDOG 247515 wrote:Now Pink, when you get that 48 y/o body to function like a 25 y/o body, we will have a thread to carry us until ski season.

Well I haven't had any complaints. ;)
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
Stacey

thanx for the replies. The break would be sometime during the two weeks xmas and new years, we will be driving up from FL, would like fam. friendly place for beginner skiiers on a budge, do some easy sledding, etc. too
MSDOG
Expert

Dracan6, this Dog is dog friendly. I have 3 of them.
skipink
Expert

Stacey here is a link to some Beech Mountain rentals that are pet friendly http://www.homeaway.com/search/refined/ ... red#sp=691

Any place you go during Christmas will be crowded, that is just a fact of life. The secret will be to get up early, ski until about 2. After lunch is when it is most crowded. Do you have kids and if so how old? You also need to decide which area you want to go to (how far do you want to drive?

Asheville NC area has Cataloochee Wolf Ridge (both about 45 minutes from Asheville) and is probably the closest to FLA but also to Altanta so it will be the most crowded, also no slope side accommadations at Cat, I have never been to Wolf.

Northern NC mountains has Beech, Sugar and Appalachian all near Boone, all have good ski schools, all have close accom. I prefer Beech as I have a season pass there and they have great school plus a sledding hill in town.

If you want to go further north there are several Resorts in VA and WV, I have only been to Winterplace and Snowshoe. I would not choose Winterplace during a holiday and there are few accomm near. At Snowshoe it is a resort destination, so it may not be pet friendly.

There are lots of other resorts that I have not been to so others will need to chime in on those.

Hope this helps a little.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Welcome Aboard Stacey
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
Joshua8200
Intermediate

Check out the website www.vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner). My wife and I have had good experiences renting places in West Virginia, San Francisco, North Myrtle Beach, and Gatlinburg. Usually places charge small cleaning fee (much cheaper than boarding pets for more than a couple of days) on top of the normal fee.
beeesmitty
Beginner
Tagline: I heard you know Bofa

Best Western and La Quinta in Boone are pet friendly I believe.
MikeO
Beginner

Wonder which would be easier for a dog to ski or board?

Just thinking….:rolleyes:
Snowbucks
Beginner

Snowboard - no question. Ever see the bulldog that skateboards? And, of course, they love to surf too! I've GOT to go surf YouTube now.

Found it:

Jaybez
Beginner

Dogs love to snowboard. Cats are more into Skiing... because they are losers.