The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

803 Snowboarder

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
Mobile Ranger
Beginner

Hey guys. I started searching the web for slope information in the Southeast and came across your site. Great site you guys have here. I am a snowboarder from Columbia, SC (and a proud graduate of the Universisty of South Carolina). I've been skiing/snowboarding for about 7 years now. Took to snowboarding pretty seriously about 3 years ago, and can ski pretty much any slope in the southeast, and next year hope to really test my skills and head out west. I recently started playing around in the terrain parks, doing basic jumps, and riding boxes. I try to get out on the slopes as much as possible, when I am not on the road traveling with my band. I've already been to Sugar twice, Beech once, and Ober Gatlinburg once (there terrain park is quiet nice there) this year. Getting ready to hit up Winterplace and Snowshoe next week.
Tman
Beginner

Welcome to the board (no pun intended)! You should try going to Cataloochee sometimes. They really improved on the terrain features this year. I'm sure you'll enjoy their slope too. Hope to see you around the slopes!
Zone Driven
Expert

Welcome. Theres a few folks here from SC. Im from Rock Hill and Silence 160 is from York, Huey is from Columbia.
Mobile Ranger
Beginner

@Zone Driven 239149 wrote:Welcome. Theres a few folks here from SC. Im from Rock Hill and Silence 160 is from York, Huey is from Columbia.

Kewl, nice to meet ya.
Ski Bunny
Advanced

Welcome! I'm from Columbia and a fellow Gamec o c k fan! Hope to see you on the slopes sometime.
Mobile Ranger
Beginner

@Ski Bunny 239227 wrote:Welcome! I'm from Columbia and a fellow Gamec o c k fan! Hope to see you on the slopes sometime.

It's always great to meet fellow Game****s. Especially ones that ski or board. Heading to WV Wednesday to hit up Winterplace and Snowshoe. Can't wait!
Skiing Deacon
Beginner

Unless it has changed in the last year, the terrain park at Winterplace is pretty small. You will have a lot more choices at Snowshoe. If you are at Snowshoe on the weekend the lift lines at their Silver Creek area are much shorter. Note, I do not board, but that is what I have observed. If you are staying at the Inn, Route 66 across the street has pretty good food at reasonable prices.
Mobile Ranger
Beginner

@Skiing Deacon 239307 wrote:Unless it has changed in the last year, the terrain park at Winterplace is pretty small. You will have a lot more choices at Snowshoe. If you are at Snowshoe on the weekend the lift lines at their Silver Creek area are much shorter. Note, I do not board, but that is what I have observed. If you are staying at the Inn, Route 66 across the street has pretty good food at reasonable prices.

We have a group of six going and we are staying at Allegeny I believe. Last time I was at Winterplace the terrain park was really small, but I didn't play much in it, like I do now. This will be my first trip to snowshoe, so I am really looking forward to it.
agentp
Beginner

Glad you joined the board and great to see someone else from Columbia!
Skiing Deacon
Beginner

Allegheny Springs is in the middle of the Village. I have never stayed there, but it looks nice. We usually stay at Rimfire, right across the Village common area. We like Rimfire becasue of the parking garage and there is a Starbuck's in the lobby. It looks like the weather is gonig to be perfect.