The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Tmiller72
Expert

Does anybody know how the girl is that got hurt getting off a lift tonight at App? She was in the chair infront of me. It didn't look bad, but after she got out of the way she just laid on the ground not moving. Ski patrol took her away to a waiting ambulance. Just curious to know how she is.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
afrobigfoot
Expert

Im curious to exactly what happend?
Tmiller72
Expert

afrobigfoot wrote:
Im curious to exactly what happend?

Looked to me like she simply fell getting off the chair. The lift op slowed the chair down and she moved out of the way. When I got off after her, she was sitting on the side of the ramp. A few seconds later I looked back and she was laying down with her head on the snow. I thought she may have been embarrassed or something after falling and was just joking with some other people. But after she laid there not moving I got worried and started over there. Someone else got to her first and immediatly called for the ski patrol. They put a neck brace on her and put her on a back board. She wasn't moving at all, infact her arms and legs looked limp. Hopefully it was just a stinger or something and she'll be ok. They put her right on an ambulance. I hate seeing things like that.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
afrobigfoot
Expert

Yeah when i was there back in December they had a stretcher waiting for some one at the bottom, and they kept making those announcments about skiing in control. It sucks to see people injured.