The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
teledave
Expert

Sorry the jobbie didn't work out the way you wanted it to, but going skiing is always a good plan. Take Mike up on his offer.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
admin

Mlady,

There are def. some Snow Hunkies out there! :wink: Check out MBlacky! Can you say hot enough to make Utah snow melt? HELLO! So if you see any NC Snow Hunkies post some pics. :)
admin

admin wrote:
Hey, girl if you want a couple of FREE passes to Ski Beech or Hawksnest, drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll hook you up. You could use some extra turns!

Mike

i just got fired from my job too....can i have some free passes too?
mondaylady
Beginner

Thanks, Mike and all. Guess I'll HAVE to be at Beech for the summit now!!

Went to Sugar yesterday. Conditions were very nice, even though there are some brown spots. Lower Flying Mile is getting a bit slushy. One of the skitrollers said they will be making snow in time for Presidents' Day Weekend.

Anyone who holds a military ID and can ski Monday-Thursday, my lift ticket was only $26. Can't beat that with an ugly stick!! :D

Because of my toe I was pretty much confined to Easy Street and Lower Flying Mile. Toughest thing I skied was Big Red. Wore my new ski goggles for the first time, and they really made a difference! I'll probably never ski without them again. But I had fun, and that's all that matters.

Speaking of snow hunkies...

Although there was a modest crowd at Sugar, I saw at least two or three Marines out there in their desert camo and Goretex. Last night I walked the Boone Mall and, being in a quirky mood, I bought a Playgirl magazine and thought, maybe they need to do a spread on the snow hunks of North Carolina. What say, ladies of SKINC? :wink:

In case you're wondering, I left the Playgirl mag for the cleaning ladies.

Sorry about your job, muffinhead. Mike, could you spare something for muffinhead as well?
admin

where did you go again monday lady :D