The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
skiatlanta
Advanced

^your right. Skiing has changed so much in the last few years. Even in the last six years, people went from doing mostly inverts and 360s and 720s without grabs, and hardly any rails to doing cork 810 tails to rail, 360 switch ups, smooth switch cork 10's. Everything. It will be exciting to see where the sport progresses in the next 5 years.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

skiatlanta wrote:
^your right. Skiing has changed so much in the last few years. Even in the last six years, people went from doing mostly inverts and 360s and 720s without grabs, and hardly any rails to doing cork 810 tails to rail, 360 switch ups, smooth switch cork 10's. Everything. It will be exciting to see where the sport progresses in the next 5 years.

Help an old brotha out...what the heck is a cork? I get all the rest of the stuff, tails or tips first, rotation count etc. but cork? :?
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
SkiCop
Expert

It means you gotta pop the cork on some MD 20/20 and get sloppy before you frail around.
hnhbaxter
Expert

SkiCop wrote:
It means you gotta pop the cork on some MD 20/20 and get sloppy before you frail around.

T-bird or Night train for me!

Actually when I was 18 and bulletproof I thought skiing w/ the Blackberry Brandy was the bomb...If I only knew then what I know now...god the hangovers...
SkiCop
Expert

Nothin' like a chick on the Boone's Farm. Zero to panties off in four gulps.
hnhbaxter
Expert

SkiCop wrote:
Nothin' like a chick on the Boone's Farm. Zero to panties off in four gulps.

Snort...laugh...chuckle...WAY to close to home...far too many memories for the married man.

Still ROTFLMAO
SkiCop
Expert

Since I got married ten years ago, I've laid off the alcohol. It seems I had a hard time keeping my panties on too. :wink:
skiatlanta
Advanced

corks are basically an off axis spin.
hnhbaxter
Expert

skiatlanta wrote:
corks are basically an off axis spin.

Thanks for the explanation.