The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
skiing rules
Expert

did anyone see the skiing superpipe?i watched every seecond and recorded it also, it was one of the best things I have ever seen. i am speechless from it.
g8erhater
Advanced

skiing rules wrote:
did anyone see the skiing superpipe?i watched every seecond and recorded it also, it was one of the best things I have ever seen. i am speechless from it.

I saw it, man. Glad to see Tanner Hall come back and get a gold.
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

big air the other day was fun. the double bakcflip attempt, ALMOST made it
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

I am totally amazed that the man could even walk a straight line much less ski a superpipe after that crash. It was just nasty to watch. They showed the accident from 2 or 3 different angles OOOUUUCH.
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
g8erhater
Advanced

ut_Twintip wrote:

At first, I thought he did make it.
Joel_Maners
Beginner

g8erhater wrote:

ut_Twintip wrote:

At first, I thought he did make it.

Just wait till next year! :)
jamsandwich
Expert

i did. love x games.

my favorite event was ice motorcycle trick attack.
skiatlanta
Advanced

HATVIET and FAVRE were amazing. T $ was great too. I'm glad yall watched it. They didn't include this in the interview for Dumont, but he actually walked away from his accident at park city, but later he was sent to the hospital on an ambulence. I wanted tanner to do back to back 10's or double grabs or something. His victory lap would have been perfect for him to do it on.
skiing rules
Expert

yea his victory lap was awesome, he had a really cool attitude about everything too, he was really pumped to have won. last year he got knocked out of gold for slopestyle and superpipe, so i was really glad he won it.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

I can remember sitting and watching x games 1 or 2 and saying to myself "this stuff looks like bad freestyle skiing" They had no style compared to the freestyle aerial jumpers or mogul skiers. I have the total opposite opinion after watching x games 10. The sport has blown up so fast and the moves are getting really clean. The freestyle air guys seem almost boring to me now in comparison. I still give mad props to the mogul skiers though, damn their jamb up and jelly tight.
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger