The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
SkiCop
Expert

I'm sure that ES11 is still wondering what you mean by judged. Skier / Boarder Cross is a race, no judging necessary.
g8erhater
Advanced

A Big Bird wrote:

extremeskier11 wrote:

A Big Bird wrote:

skiatlanta wrote:
Will there be another slope-style competition on March 3rd? Can you guys judge skiers separately from snowboarders. I would have gone to the comp today, but I read on the website that skiers and snowboarders were judged together.

In the Skier/ Boarder Cross they were judged separately, in the Freestyle they were judged together.

What ya mean judged in the skier boarder cross ???

In the Skier, Boarder Cross, Boarders were together, then skiers.

We thought it would be good to include all winter enthusiast, Snow Boarders & Skiers.

@ The Nest we encourage Twin Tip Skis & Directional Boards alike

"bring it on".

Dude, pick handle and go with it. What is up with the double identity? Do you make them so that you can agree with and thus validate yourself?

Big Bird = Little Buddy.
SkiCop
Expert

G8er, I think you are dealing with a guy that has multiple personality disorder. Therapy might help, but if someone would just pull the bong away from his lips, I think we would see a big improvement.
jamsandwich
Expert

probably forgot his password. still though, the paranoia here is awesome. going out of the way to check ips and then announcing it is second to none!
admin

g8erhater wrote:
Dude, pick handle and go with it. What is up with the double identity? Do you make them so that you can agree with and thus validate yourself?

Big Bird = Little Buddy.

I do not think so. I know who Little Buddy is and have a good idea who the Big Bird is. Skybest has an issue with separating ip addresses. If you recall, Julia and admin had the same ip address. Remember too that multiple people at one location can be on the board (remember Julia and her husband).

Hawksnest put on one great show today! You should have been there.
g8erhater
Advanced

boone wrote:

g8erhater wrote:

Big Bird = Little Buddy.

I do not think so. I know who Little Buddy is and have a good idea who the Big Bird is. Skybest has an issue with separating ip addresses. If you recall, Julia and admin had the same ip address. Remember too that multiple people at one location can be on the board (remember Julia and her husband).

Hawksnest put on one great show today! You should have been there.

You could be right. If so, I stand corrected.
g8erhater
Advanced

jamsandwich wrote:
probably forgot his password. still though, the paranoia here is awesome. going out of the way to check ips and then announcing it is second to none!

It is just clicking one button. I don't have to go out of my way at all to confirm or reject a suspicion.
admin

g8erhater wrote:

A Big Bird wrote:

extremeskier11 wrote:

A Big Bird wrote:

skiatlanta wrote:
Will there be another slope-style competition on March 3rd? Can you guys judge skiers separately from snowboarders. I would have gone to the comp today, but I read on the website that skiers and snowboarders were judged together.

In the Skier/ Boarder Cross they were judged separately, in the Freestyle they were judged together.

We thought it would be good to include all winter enthusiast, Snow Boarders & Skiers.

"bring it on".

Big Bird = Little Buddy.

Close , but no cigar, Mr. suspicious....

We just happen to work @ the same place. Posting out of the same bldg.
g8erhater
Advanced

Little Buddy wrote:

g8erhater wrote:

A Big Bird wrote:

extremeskier11 wrote:

A Big Bird wrote:

skiatlanta wrote:

"bring it on".

Big Bird = Little Buddy.

Close , but no cigar, Mr. suspicious....

We just happen to work @ the same place. Posting out of the same bldg.

My apologies to the court. I spoketh in haste and am openly chastized.
admin

No apologies needed G8er. Your just trying to do your job..

And you usually do a good job (hence the name troll buster)