The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

dare to be different

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
DAMD

Hello all, I've been a frequent visitor of the website for a few years now and would like to thank everyone for providing their wonderful trip reports. I never had much to contribute or post as I live several hours away from the nearest resort, but I hope to change that as I'm making more and more trips to the slopes.

I'm in my mid twenties and have been snowboarding for several years now at every major resort in North Carolina and Tennessee as well as a few out west. I just got a set of skiboards, because I just love to be different. I look forward to trying them out for the first time at the 2011 SkiNC Beech Mountain Summit this weekend with the hopes of bringing something a little different to the Southeast ski areas.

Regards,

The DAMD
EastCoaster
Expert

Is that what they call snowblades now?
Tman
Beginner

First of all, welcome!

@EastCoaster 236586 wrote:Is that what they call snowblades now?

LoL. I didn't know what they were, so I looked it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skiboarding

Sounds like a dandy good time! I'll just stick to snowboards though! Better selection. LoL.
kojack
Beginner

i guess i'll stay with my pair of skies,,, i can handle them as a second nature. which is good when glasses fog, or white outs, or what ever reason

Peace

Kojack
Zone Driven
Expert

"From 1998 to 2000, skiboarding was part of the winter X Games on ESPN. This helped to promote the sport and bring it to its peak. In 1999, Rick Stark started the World Skiboarding Federation (WSF) as a sanctioning body for skiboarding and the United Skiboard Series (USS) as a competition series for skiboarders. The goal of WSF, according to its presidents, Mark Billik and Rick Stark, is to be an organization that is "run by the industry, and its people, with the sole purpose to help our industry grow in a healthy and successful fashion." The WSF’s rules stated that all skiboards must be under 100 cm."

And now you know and knowing is half the battle........G.I. Joe
yardsale
Expert

@EastCoaster 236586 wrote:Is that what they call snowblades now?

thats what they were called before all the gapers got ahold of them. i have some OG lines that are pretty sweet
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
swamphox
Expert

@DAMD 236581 wrote:Hello all, I've been a frequent visitor of the website for a few years now and would like to thank everyone for providing their wonderful trip reports. I never had much to contribute or post as I live several hours away from the nearest resort, but I hope to change that as I'm making more and more trips to the slopes.

I'm in my mid twenties and have been snowboarding for several years now at every major resort in North Carolina and Tennessee as well as a few out west. I just got a set of skiboards, because I just love to be different. I look forward to trying them out for the first time at the 2011 SkiNC Beech Mountain Summit this weekend with the hopes of bringing something a little different to the Southeast ski areas.

Regards,

The DAMD

thats admirable....you may seriously want to look at monoboarding as well.

I am a big believer in function over form. Since I could have the nicest stuff money could by and still look like a fool, it makes not difference to me how lame I look. My "ski pants" came from Fred's and consist of waterproof pants and a separate layer of pajama bottoms. works like a charm for less than 10 bucks. My poles were 2 dollars from goodwill. my ski bag also came from a goodwill type store and I got it for 5.

And if you want a good laugh read about my camera mounting adventures. It probably looks incredibly stupid but it works.

It's all about fun.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
skipink
Expert

@swamphox 237822 wrote:

And if you want a good laugh just watch my video from last year.

Fixed it for ya.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
Bronco
Expert

You ROCK, pinkie!!!:D LMFAO
agentp
Beginner

@swamphox 237822 wrote:

It's all about fun.

Hear, hear! I'll second that!