The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

I'm baaaaaaack

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
mondaylady
Beginner

You old timers probably remember me as mondaylady. I joined the board in 2004 and was here probably until 2007.
I got my name from when I took day trips to Crystal Mountain in WA on Monday, which was my only day off, and would pretty much have the mountain to myself. The lift operator would say "Hey, it's our Monday Lady!"
I've lived in coastal North Carolina and then Charlotte before having to move to Missouri to look after my husband's mother, who treats me more like her son's sidepiece than family of any kind. The only thing that's keeping us here is my husband's job, from which he hopes to retire in 6 years with good bennies (by today's standards).
After my husband got off of active duty, we moved to Charlotte for 15 years. From there I took weekend trips to Blowing Rock where I would go to either App or Sugar, but mostly night skiing in App. Cheaper and much less crowded.
God and housing prices willing, we're looking to retire in the SC mountain area, not far from I-26. If I don't get back into skiing, I'd like to at least take some more weekend trips out there.
Good to meet everybody, and good to see the DOG again. Remember the fun we had ragging on Snowbird? As I remember the guy practically lived on this board.
bamapilot
Expert

Welcome back. I think there was a time a lot of us lived on this board. A lot has changed since you’ve been gone, including the traffic on this board.
GulfBoarder
Beginner
Tagline: 2-time First Snow Prediction Champion (back in the day) 05-06ish

Welcome back! The old days in here were pretty active. It has slowed a bit in recent years. I wonder what ever happened to teledave? Msdog is still around. Bamapilot still active. Happy to see your return, have fun!
MSDOG
Expert

That's MSDOG, Gulf.
GulfBoarder
Beginner

My bad MSDOG.
mondaylady
Beginner

I remember teledave. I also remember g8rhater. I met Afrobigfoot at App one time.
Anybody ever hear from Snowbird? I know he used to live on this board until I'm told he got married some years ago. My first thought was who would be stupid enough to marry Snowbird? Unless maybe he's a trust fund kid.
GulfBoarder
Beginner

I met these guys at Catalochee I think it was, back around 05-06, or 06-07. They saw me riding with my SKINC hoodie on. Old phones and bad pics. If yall know who they are, let me know.
GulfBoarder
Beginner

outdoor wood
Intermediate

Yes, at Cataloochee - I know these; From L to R... outdoorwoo , teledave, stinky, gresham
dreamnofpow
Expert

Also pictured, Tripp (RIP), Blacky...
those were the dayzzz as they say.

Welcome back Mlady.... Outdoorwood long time!

Cheers.