The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Lift ticket discounts?

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
David703

Do any Southeast resorts have discount programs for lift tickets?

For example: Frequent-skier cards, which give you a discounted ticket each time you go. Empire Cards in New York, where you get half off on weekends and 25 percent off on weekends and holidays at Whiteface, Gore and Belleayre, with your first day free and a free day after each six visits.

Others in the Northeast used to take part in a deal where something like five fill-ups at participating Mobil stations got you a free or very reduced ticket. There was Liftopia, too, back in the day. Vermont areas often had Vermont-resident discount days.

I live too far from the mountains to, realistically, use a season pass enough to break even, but I'd go more if I didn't have to pay the walk-up rate on a ticket, especially since I'm probably going to have to go almost all on weekends this coming winter. I haven't found any deals like this here yet, but I could have overlooked them.
marzski
Advanced

There used to be ways to get discounted lift tickets in the southeast before 2020. Given the demand recently and the fact that lift tickets are being limited by most ski areas on weekends, I doubt you'll find any discounts in the region for 2022-23.

The Indy Pass includes Cataloochee, Massanutten, Bryce, and Canaan Valley. But if you are looking for trails the same length as what you can find at the ORDA mountains or in Vermont, you'll be disappointed. That said, there is still fun to be had if you adjust your expectations.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.