The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Riding/ski buddies needed

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
atl2wcu
Tagline: "Snow must hurt less than concrete"-the very incorrect words that made me start snowboarding

Hey y'all,
This is my first season snowboarding, and I am desperately in need of people to ride with. I'm a freshman at WCU, so I go to Cat frequently. However with COVID, I'm not returning till the fall so I don't know anyone from the area that rides, and I'm stuck with a 3 hour drive every week. I'm progressing quickly, because I skate as well so I won't hold you up too much I don't think. Anyone who needs someone to ride with hmu and I'd love to get out and make some turns with yall. I especially would love if anyone could help me with my trick progression cause of right now the only trick I can land is a backside 180 off the banks, but I have no fear of sending it, so if anyone wants to help me tackle some of those bigger hits that'd be awesome.
philipmcm
Tagline: 🆗

Its my first season also, I'm looking to progress as well in a general sense. I'm a skier but in the same boat, don't know anyone that rides often down here (I go to Auburn). Haven't hit up cataloochee yet but I've heard good things
philipmcm

Heading up that way this weekend if you wanna meet up. Looks like I can't PM on here yet.
atl2wcu
Tagline: "Snow must hurt less than concrete"-the very incorrect words that made me start snowboarding

I'll be there for the night session Saturday if you wanna meet up
philipmcm

Looks like I missed you - I was there Sunday morning. First time at Cataloochee and I was really impressed, and pleasantly surprised to see how minimal the lift lines were. Omigosh was awesome. Have to watch out for that plateau 3/4 of the way down though.