The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Getting back in the bindings

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
jpaterni
Beginner

Hi friends, I grew up skiing in the mid-Atlantic and spent a good amount of time in New England during and after college. I sold all my equipment at a yard sale not too long after moving to NC in the early 2000's (one insanely crowded Saturday at Beech was enough for me to declare skiing in North Carolina a waste of time) and I am just now getting back into the bindings after a 20ish year hiatus.

I took my son skiing for the first time over Christmas. We had a great couple of days at Canaan Valley and Timberline. Canaan is more or less how I remember it from my childhood, maybe a little smaller. Timberline is awesome and I'm excited to go back.

My wife grew up skiing Taos and the Santa Fe Ski Basin. Getting back to northern New Mexico is priority number one post-Covid.

We're ready to explore the ski areas in WNC and I'm looking forward to mining this group for all the tips on avoiding crowds, finding good deals, chasing decent conditions.

Thanks for having me!
boredtoo
Beginner

Welcome jpaterni! Happy to hear that you're getting back on the mountain. It can get a little quiet around here sometimes, but I think you will find plenty of people who more than happy to help.