The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

New to the Forum/ New to SNOW!!!!

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
ldfreeman
Tagline: Han Zolo

About to go skiing/snowboarding for the first time with the family @ Snowshoe! Saw Kenny's Opening Day Vid.....amazing. Would like to link up with him to ask a few beginner questions and Snowshoe 2020 questions.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

ldfreeman wrote: ↑Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:54 pm About to go skiing/snowboarding for the first time with the family @ Snowshoe! Saw Kenny's Opening Day Vid.....amazing. Would like to link up with him to ask a few beginner questions and Snowshoe 2020 questions.
Ask away my friend!
WOOOOOO!

ldfreeman

Yoooooooo!!!! Man your video's got me so hype for my first skiing/snowboarding trip!!!!! So I am trying to get my snowboard skill level up as quickly as possible, because my brother is an avid snowboarder (He lives in Omaha) and we plan to hit Keystone in November/December of 2021. I plan to take the class at Snowshoe Feb 12-15th, but after returning home to Atlanta, where is the best place for me to hone my skills? I looked at Cat because it is close, but any other options that you would recommend. Sugar and Beech are pretty reasonable as far as distance, but I am trying to stay economical, because the Snow Shoe Trip is a family trip and it tapped my wallet pretty good! Any and all info would be much appreciated!
theKENDOG
Expert

Haha, glad you liked the video. I tried to highlight all the things I like to do at Snowshoe (at least what you can do right now). It's just a cool place in general.

Cataloochee is a fine choice to get some practice in. They generally are open late into March so you'll have several weeks to get up there once you get back from Snowshoe.

Whatever you do, I would hold off on going on the weekends until March though. The weekends in the NC mountains are pretty crowded. Once the calendar turns to March though people's minds seem to transition to spring mode rather quickly.
WOOOOOO!

ldfreeman

Yooooooooo! Happy New Year KENDOG!!!! Question, better practice spot Cataloochee or Wolf Ridge? I was trying to get lift tickets for CAT for March, but it appears that weekends are booked. Thinking about going to Wolf Ridge as replacement, thoughts? Advice?
theKENDOG
Expert

ldfreeman wrote: ↑Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pm Yooooooooo! Happy New Year KENDOG!!!! Question, better practice spot Cataloochee or Wolf Ridge? I was trying to get lift tickets for CAT for March, but it appears that weekends are booked. Thinking about going to Wolf Ridge as replacement, thoughts? Advice?
I've actually never been to Wolf but I've heard when things are good it has some great runs. That said, they appear to be struggling this year and only have 4 green runs open right now. I wouldn't count on going there if things stay as they are.
WOOOOOO!

ldfreeman

Preciate ya bro!

Han Zolo
almost good
Beginner

We were at Wolf today, they are open to the top now. The Snow was really good and there was no crowd at all. Was also there yesterday, snow was good but it was kinda crowded but lift line was never more than 5 to 10 minutes. It's a great place to learn and practice for beginners because their main run ,Broadway, is wide and not steep.