The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Hope to hear from new folks this fall

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
marzski
Advanced

Even though the New Members section is a little hard to find because it's at the bottom of the Forum list, hope to see a few threads started by new folks this fall. Questions to consider answering are:

* Where do you hope to ski in the Southeast this winter?
* Are you going out west? If so, where? If not, what resort is at the top of your bucket list?
* Any kids on skis or boards? Little ones, tweens, or teens?
* Where do you live? In NC? Farther away from SE skiing than a 4-hour drive?
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
marzski
Advanced

* Where do you hope to ski in the Southeast this winter?
* Are you going out west? If so, where? If not, what resort is at the top of your bucket list?
* Any kids on skis or boards? Little ones, tweens, or teens?
* Where do you live? In NC? Farther away from SE skiing than a 4-hour drive?

Now that traffic is picking up a bit, guess I should answer the questions for those who don't know me, or don't remember me. It's been a while since I skied with SkiSE folks.

I have vague ideas of driving from Cary to check out Sugar. Haven't been there since the Chondola was installed to replace the old, very slow, double chair. Hoping to get in a day trip or two to Wintergreen midweek with another SkiSE member from the Triangle.

As you can see from my signature, my plans for going out west include Taos and Telluride, and Alta per usual during late season. Will be meeting up with friends for Taos/T-ride in Feb to take advantage of the Mountain Collective Pass (MCP). My stay at Alta Lodge will be extra special because my high school daughter and her friends have the same spring break week. So they will get to ski Alta together again. It's been five years since their schedules aligned. Then I'll stick around after she flies back for school to ski with my usual friends. Taking full advantage of being retired.

I'll be at Massanutten (4 hours from my house) in Jan for the demo weekend, plus for the MLK long weekend when my friends with kids in elementary school can make it. Will probably get the Special Value Pass that's good from Sat evening (starting at 4pm) thru Fri night.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
davidski
Expert

Strongly agree -- anyone new to the board should join in, ask questions,offer input. Hopefully old hands will chip back in to.

I know a lot still lurk or are here under new handles (to protect the innocent no doubt).

Don't know where this season will take me but I've had a run of 25 day years, hope that can happen again this season. Beech, Wintergreen, Cataloochee and West Virginia and Colorado are certain... I'm a short notice storm chaser so we'll see.

Anyway, come on in, the water is fine.
Old Fart
Beginner

davidski wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:17 pmAnyway, come on in, the water is fine.
Ummm yeah, you must not have noticed I pee'd in it before I got out.
davidski
Expert

Hope you took off your wetsuit first