The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

New Member!

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
HeyRosay

Hiya! I was born and raised in Charlestown, WV, currently living near Wilmington, NC. I started snowboarding as a kid, but nothing too serious. Then I went and lived in Japan for two years and spent two seasons in Hakuba, and I'm hooked for life now. This will be my first season on the East Coast and some friends and I were planning a trip up to Sugar Mountain on the 16th of December. I'm hoping it'll be worth it!

Other than that it's nice to meet everyone here and hopefully I'll run into some of ya in the future!
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Welcome to the board (and back to the US!). A Hakuba trip report (w/ pics) is your entrance fee!
HeyRosay

These are the only photos I shared with anyone while I was there. the rest were lost on the phone I had while I was bar hopping in Tokyo (Go figure). The first two are at the top of Hakuba-Goryu and the third is on the way down back into town. All in all every time I went there was amazing. The hostels were extremely clean and better than most hotels I've stayed at in the states (Check out K's House or the Powder Lodge if you ever find your way over there.) The only thing better than bombing the slopes over there was relaxing in the hot springs while drinking afterwards.

davidski
Expert

Welcome to the board and may I just say, Damn!! right out of the gate with a japanese trip report....
that is very high on my maybe someday list.

Keep posting and when you are heading to Beech or whatever give a heads up, there's alot of new and old people and we sometimes just ski by each other without knowing I think.