The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Hello friends

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
fitzyfitz1313
Beginner

Hi.

I moved to Charlotte a couple a years ago from Wisconsin after college and have enjoyed a return to skiing after a ~4-5 year layoff (never got a chance to go during school due to athletic commitments) the last couple of winters. I'm probably a fairly mediocre skier by this board's standards but I can hold my own on a diamond without looking like a complete idiot.

I've been to App, Wolf, Beech, and Sugar down here...going to hit Cat for sure this season and want to go to Snowshoe eventually but that'll have to be a fully planned affair instead of just a quick day trip. I have also been to a handful of places in Wisconsin and Michigan (I miss that sweet, sweet lake effect snow...4-5 inches of fresh powder almost every morning on one trip I took). I've never been out west to do any "real" skiing but perhaps I'll make plans sometime in the next couple of years before I start having to deal with other life commitments.

As fall approaches I started getting the itch and started looking up skiing info and found this place. So here I am.
'18-'19 season days skied: 1 (Sugar 1)
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Hey fitz welcome to the board. Life comes fast so start making those western trip plans now!
davidski
Expert

Yep, welcome... and I wouldn't worry much about the standards of skiing here, we are all over the place
L Bear
Beginner

WE WELCOME YOU
skipink
Expert

Yes there are no standards.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."