The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

noobski here

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
NoleSki
Beginner

Well I have to tell you that I have been lurking around on this sight for most of the off-season and much like everyone else I have been teased and tortured by forecasts of huge El Nino snows only to have to learn yet more patience. It's gets to the point where I am overly estactic on those rare occasions when I do see the snow guns working. And it's because this is a great site and the best resource to get all of the latest slope reports for the SE resorts.
Mike, Kenny and the whole crew... you guys do a fantastic job! Love the web cams. Thank you!

I live in NE FLA...Sugar and Beech are about a 7 to 8 hour drive for me. I was lucky enough to get in some pre-Turkey day skiing days in at Sugar. The lift (once they got it working, I waited 3 1/2 hrs til they figured it out) is all as advertised. Smooth fast fast trip to the top with an LAX style approach and landing. Snow was great for the slopes they had opened.

I was also able to visit App before I had to drive back. Was very impressed with the snow and grooming, but was stoked to see they actually had some terrain park set up. NoleSki likes to catch big air. :)

So now, I'm driving back up to Boone today with plans to ski tomorrow at Sugar, maybe Cat...Then driving Friday up to Snowshoe to check out those slopes for my first time. I had booked the trip months ago and was getting nervous when the weather looked like it wasn't going to cooperate. Sooooooo happy to hear they are opening Friday! I cannot wait to see it in person. The Cams make it look like winter wonderland.

Hopefully see you guys on the slopes!
Mike :B>
SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

I'll be curious to what you think of Snowshoe. Sadly, only about 10% of the trails will be open. That may lead to some disappointment.

Like it says on the home page THINK SNOW!
davidski
Expert

Hey welcome to the board, so glad new people are posting and some old ones are waking up...

Keep posting, pictures if possible
skipink
Expert

HNHBaxter is from there. I bet he would do a road trip w you next time.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
NoleSki
Beginner

Sweet! I was just thinking on my drive in that I need road trip buddies.

Would keep me sane while getting strung out on the road....

tunnel vision....
20151211_111447.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.