The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

1st ski trip in 10 years!

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
eagle83
Beginner

Headed up from Mississippi on the 20th. Last time I hit the slopes was 10 years ago in Tahoe. It was my first time trying a snowboard after 3 ski trips. Is it like riding a bike? Should I pick it right back up or will it still take me a day or more to be comfortable again?

We are staying in Boone and I plan on getting my board from 1st tracks. Do they have good equipment? What kind of bindings do they have on their boards? In Tahoe my board had the snap in bindings and I didn't like them because the boots were uncomfortable.

Plan on getting my wife (1st timer) lessons. Sugar has a package for ~$60 that comes with a group lesson, ski rental, and lift ticket. Seems like a great deal.

Thanks for any input. Can't wait to get back on the slopes. It's been too long, but college and young children have drained my ski money the past 10 years.
davidski
Expert

hey welcome back to the snow --if you have only ridden skiied a totla of 4 times and it's been ten years AND you are old enough to have college aged kids? .... I'd expect to be a bit rusty.

If you're wife is taking a lesson with rentals you really ought to just rent at the mountain as well since you can both go through the line together -- and as you say good deal. Also why not take a lesson too if it's been that long -- you get to jump the lift lines when you are with an instructor

have fun when are you going?

--- wait are you in college, your young children, or perhaps everyone
eagle83
Beginner

Ha no I was trying to say I haven't been the past 10 cause the first 5 I was in college then I had a couple kids. I'm 30. Got a 5 year old and 2 year old.
winter
Beginner

If you're wife is taking a lesson with rentals you really ought to just rent at the mountain as well since you can both go through the line together -- and as you say good deal. Also why not take a lesson too if it's been that long -- you get to jump the lift lines when you are with an instructor.

^^^ Sage advice!