The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Mississippi Skiier

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
FlyboyTR
Beginner

@msubryan 294605 wrote:Thanks Flyboy, yes, I am 20 minutes from Mobile. we are going to Tennesee for part of the trip anyways, and just want to ski. Sounds like Sugar is the place to go. Will be leaving the day after Christmas.

Thanks for help!

You're welcome...yep, you're close! :) We try to avoid skiing Sugar (well any place) on Saturdays. The lift lines can get LONG and the lifts are slow. That is why we start on Sunday. I hope you have a fun and safe trip! :)
SKISC
Expert

Where are you gong in TN? If you are going to be near that dreadful hell hole of Gatlinburg then you might as well come on over to Maggie Valley and visit Cat. From there you can head on up to Wolf (doubtful they'll be open and from there over to Beech and Sugar. Might as well take the tour. And will in TN you can also stop by Seymour and visit the Don.
msubryan
Beginner

Going to the Newport Tn area. I have a my skis, but need to get a set for my son and wife. Is it best to rent at the mountain, or is there shops in town near sugar?
SKISC
Expert

I know folks in Newport. Go there quite a bit. Was actually there last weekend. If you are there go to Cat,
mobile boarder
Intermediate

Absolutely go to Cat. Usually good coverage and family friendly

I am also from Mobile. You could even call cloudmont near ft Payne on your way back and if they have snow you can Ski BAMA ...LOL
Days on snow (tbd)
teledave
Expert

@msubryan 294692 wrote:Going to the Newport Tn area. I have a my skis, but need to get a set for my son and wife. Is it best to rent at the mountain, or is there shops in town near sugar?

Lulz. I work in Newport. Rent at Alpine (right where you turn to go into Sugar) or the place across the street rather than at Sugar.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
swamphox
Expert

From Newport Ober is very close...cat is probably less than an hour as is wolf if its open.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
msubryan
Beginner

How does Ober compare to the others?