The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

New member!

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
teledave
Expert

Do it yourself. It's not that hard. I've done it in the parking lot at Cat drinking moonshine. I do recommend buying the drill bits that only go so far.

Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
Winston_3Pin
Beginner

Thanks,

I just might end up doing that at this point. What did you do for placement? measure chord center, then put the top screw at chord center or back from there?
teledave
Expert

Cord Center under the ball of my foot. If you are using Voile 3-Pins that would probably put the rear of the plate right about chord center.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
davidski
Expert

@teledave 286510 wrote:Do it yourself. It's not that hard. I've done it in the parking lot at Cat drinking moonshine. I do recommend buying the drill bits that only go so far.

Seriously, as someone who has spent an hour+ in a shop, w/ a drill press and STILL messed things up, that is so cool. I love those pictures

And welcome Winston -- I am curious about those skis, what have they been like?
skipink
Expert

@davidski 287054 wrote:Seriously, as someone who has spent an hour+ in a shop, w/ a drill press and STILL messed things up, that is so cool. I love those pictures

What you didn't have was Teledave.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
Winston_3Pin
Beginner

I wish I could give them a review.. I still haven't mounted them yet.

I will be heading out to the mountains this weekend, hopefully beech since I've never been there.

I would love to give them a try in between some boarding runs, but I'd have to get them mounted by then so we'll see.
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

Parking lot techstmas