The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

New to the Board

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
Bryan in NC
Beginner

Been lurking for a few weeks. Posted a TR, so figured it's time to introduce myself.

Little about me - Been skiing since I was 12. Grew up in Pittsburgh, PA skiing Seven Springs. Spent some time in the NY/NJ area and did the VT ski house share for several years, then moved to NC for grad school and stayed. In the region, I've been mainly skiing at Wintergreen. Have a couple of kids who have learned to ski in the past few years, so I am gradually getting more days on snow (when they're little, it's tough to get out much). I'm looking forward to taking them on their first trip to CO this spring. Hoping that blows their mind and I can get them fully obsessed. I'm also psyched because I'm getting a few days in Utah next month added onto a work trip.

Bryan
mommehK
Expert

Sounds like you have some great plans for the season! I bet the kids will love CO...welcome aboard!
marzski
Advanced

Welcome! Where do you live?
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
marzski
Advanced

What do you know about the Snowshoe Summit? That can be a fun driving trip. It's the first weekend of March.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
Bryan in NC
Beginner

@mommehK 269967 wrote:Sounds like you have some great plans for the season! I bet the kids will love CO...welcome aboard!

I'm hoping for a weeks full of good attitudes, adventurous skiing that stretches their boundaries, and no meltdowns. And I've heard the afternoon cookies don't hurt either.

@marzski 269983 wrote:Welcome! Where do you live?

Chapel Hill. BTW - I'm the same guy as on Epic.

@marzski 269984 wrote:What do you know about the Snowshoe Summit? That can be a fun driving trip. It's the first weekend of March.

Saw that. Unfortuantely, have a conflict that weekend, so no go for me.
davidski
Expert

Hi

Taking kids to CO is a great thing, no meltdowns I guess depends on their age

I have some stories about that -- inadvertently getting my sons stuck on Outhouse on snowboards their first time in CO

its all about terrain management. complete fail on my part and they just stuck in the parks after that
marzski
Advanced

@Bryan in NC 270037 wrote:

Chapel Hill. BTW - I'm the same guy as on Epic.

Saw that. Unfortuantely, have a conflict that weekend, so no go for me.

Yeah, I figured that. Maybe next year for the SS Summit. For March skiing, pretty much the only place that's relatively sure to have enough snow.

Have fun in Colorado. I'm off to Montana at the end of the week. Can't wait!
mommehK
Expert

I'm in the 'Thrill almost monthly. Cinco de Mayo is hands down the best freaking Mexican food I've ever eaten.