The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

I'm new!

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
catdog1

I'm new here and new to snowboarding all together. I'm working on getting some gear. My name is Allie and I'm here for advice! My first ever snowboarding trip is scheduled for a month from tomorrow so I need to find a pair of snowboarding pants fast. I'm looking for a review of the snowboard pants at that website. I have never bought anything online in my whole life. I checked out coat factories in my town but I live in Indiana and they don't have a huge selection. I figured I would have to do some online shopping. Can anyone let me know if they have ever bought pants from there? Thanks!
yardsale
Expert

i haven't bought pants from christy sports but i have bought skis from them and they were legit. easy to deal with and shipped quickly. if you're looking for individual reviews on the pants best i can offer is google.

and welcome to the board
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
mobile boarder
Intermediate

Ebay is a good option. I have purchased new ski clothes, gear and just about everything else needed for snow from Ebay. just make sure they have reputable feedback and research the web when you find something you like
Days on snow (tbd)
mobile boarder
Intermediate

^ Oh Yeah, Welcome to the board
Days on snow (tbd)
davidski
Expert

Yardsale has pants for sale -- seriously look on the gearswap forum here

Scheduled in a month -- wow -- where?
OhDrinkBoy
Expert

welcome to the board!

I've bought from Christy's and everything went fine. Read the attached wiki on what waterproof means....it really helps to understand all waterproof is not equal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterproof_fabric

Also check out gearbuyer.com and peterglenn.com some good deals can be had here. I got some 20/20 waterproof ski pants for $80 at peterglenn a few weeks ago.

Welcome to the board!
Zone Driven
Expert

welcome
carvebeast
Advanced

welcome to the board, this has to happen...

davidski
Expert

So you said last week you were scheduled for a trip in a month -- still curious --where are you going?

Bronco now has pants for sell as well you should check the gear swap stuff
yardsale
Expert

FOR CARVEBEAST:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

ANY BUY MY PANTS THEY'RE GREENER THAN BRONCOS
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: