The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Newie needs advice and help

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
yardsale
Expert

ANOTHER VOTE FROM ME FOR LEARNING AT APP
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
peanut butter
Beginner

I actually learned at Sugar, and did not have a terrible experience (if you're looking for something besides App Ski Mtn)...Sugar is a great place if you're a fast learner, as they have pretty progressive slopes, going from the bunny hill to big birch, to the 3/4 unload, etc. Sugar may be better for the second or third day out, though, if you're not quite comfortable yet.

But yeah, listen to these guys above^^they most likely know more than I do about this kind of thing...I was basically thrown to the wolves/had to teach myself...go with a lesson if you can...they'll tell you a lot of the basics that you wouldn't be able to know/figure out on your own
peanut butter
Beginner

I actually learned at Sugar, and did not have a terrible experience (if you're looking for something besides App Ski Mtn)...Sugar is a great place if you're a fast learner, as they have pretty progressive slopes, going from the bunny hill to big birch, to the 3/4 unload, etc. Sugar may be better for the second or third day out, though, if you're not quite comfortable yet.

But yeah, listen to these guys above^^they most likely know more than I do about this kind of thing...I was basically thrown to the wolves/had to teach myself...go with a lesson if you can...they'll tell you a lot of the basics that you wouldn't be able to know/figure out on your own