The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Checking in from Orlando

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
admin

Signed up about a week ago and made a few posts about a trip to Boone 1/20. Also posted on a mountain biking thread.

I'm not much of a skier as I've only gone about 10 times, mostly in CO & UT but it's been about 6 years. This site has me stoked especially with the current conditions. The pics and videos rock!

I'm driving up with my daughter and one of her friends to check out App State in the winter. She's been accepted but not sure about the cold LOL.

Her and her friend have not skied, so we may stick to the tube run at Hawksnest :cool:, unless I get my way:D
jamsandwich
Expert

Welcome! Conditions are really peaking right now up here in the Boone area. I just shoveled my way through a 3 foot snowdrift to get from my front porch to my car.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Must ride bikes, or motorcycles with a name like that

Welcome
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
admin

@2slikstix 235116 wrote:Must ride bikes, or motorcycles with a name like that

Welcome

Yeah, it's from mountain biking, not the old SNL skit! Mostly ride locally but over the years I've been to Tsali several times as well as other places in NE Georgia.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm a regular on several forums, mostly offshore fishing related so I know the drill!
Superorb
Advanced

Welcome. Please fill out your city/state in your profile so we know where you live.
dreamnofpow
Expert

Welcome Sprockets, I think you posted in the thread I started about Mtbike night riding, I used to live in Orlando years ago. Mtbiked all over FL, Snowhill, environmental center, Gainesville area etc... Anyways... small world. If you come up and want to ride send me a PM.
Tman
Beginner

It's never late to get someone to learn how to ski/snowboard! I'm sure they'd be interested once they see people skiing and snowboarding on the hills! :D
admin

@dreamnofpow 235150 wrote:Welcome Sprockets, I think you posted in the thread I started about Mtbike night riding, I used to live in Orlando years ago. Mtbiked all over FL, Snowhill, environmental center, Gainesville area etc... Anyways... small world. If you come up and want to ride send me a PM.

I actually live in Maitland. There is a great 7.5 mile loop trail just west of New Smyrna called Spruce Creek that we ride most of the time. I just hit 50 and one of riding buddies just got injured so I haven't been riding as much.

@Tman 235192 wrote:It's never late to get someone to learn how to ski/snowboard! I'm sure they'd be interested once they see people skiing and snowboarding on the hills! :D

I know. We're only going to be there for two days so it won't give them much time to get comfortable. If I can convince them to take a lesson and give it a shot we'll probably go to Beech or App Friday. Between lessons, lift tickets and ski rental it does get expensive.
dreamnofpow
Expert

^Yep I've ridden Spruce Creek too. I know Maitland well as I lived and worked on that side of Orlando, parents and many friends still live there and I visit often. Welcome to the board.
kdawg
Beginner

@dreamnofpow 235212 wrote:^Yep I've ridden Spruce Creek too. I know Maitland well as I lived and worked on that side of Orlando, parents and many friends still live there and I visit often. Welcome to the board.

I am a transplant from Florida to. Grew up in the hood with Dreamin for the most part. Now I reside in South Carolina and love it. Orlando just isn't what it use to be!

I recommend a trip to South Florida if you really like to MTB, Markham Park and Oleta were great for flatland.