The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Howdy from Bama

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
Steelwheels
Beginner

Been reading this forum since January and enjoy the info and stories. Just wanted to officially say hello from Huntsville AL. :)

My son started skiing last year at Cat and I started back with him after many years of inactivity (like starting over). I use to ski (years ago) at Gore Mountain in North Creek NY.

We plan to visit Cat mostly this year since we had a great time and it was about 5 hours away. Also looking at a WV trip, but no plan yet.
peanut butter
Beginner

There are a lot of Cat regulars on the board...you may wanna check out the can-u-ski--- see if you can meet any of the guys and gals from the board!

Welcome 'officially!'
SkiCop
Expert

Give Ober a shot this year.
mommehK
Expert

Hey howdy and hello -- welcome aboard officially!
Bamaskichick
Beginner

I work in HSV and live in G'ville. We usually travel up to Beech Mt. Had our first Colorado trip this past Feb and LOVED it!

I don't post a lot on the board, but love to lurk around and read this crazy stuff :D Thought I would jump in and welcome you.
SKISC
Expert

Cat is a great place. This is the first year in a long time I have not had a pass. I spend five weekends a year around Boone for races so I just did not get the use out of it as I did before skiing 20 days there. Welcome and have fun.
SKISC
Expert

@Bamaskichick 262257 wrote:I work in HSV and live in G'ville. We usually travel up to Beech Mt. Had our first Colorado trip this past Feb and LOVED it!

I don't post a lot on the board, but love to lurk around and read this crazy stuff :D Thought I would jump in and welcome you.

I have fished some bass tourneys on G'ville and Wheeler. Nicce litttle part of Bama. I also spent time at Redstone when I was in the Marines and had a great time.
caderader
Intermediate

@Bamaskichick 262257 wrote:I work in HSV and live in G'ville. We usually travel up to Beech Mt. Had our first Colorado trip this past Feb and LOVED it!

Woah,

I'm from Guntersville, crazy small world.
LastParrot
Beginner

Hey there, I am a fellow Bama guy who lurks more than posts. We hope to hit Ober and Beech this year. We are also trying to pin in a trip out west. I just don't know if we will be able to since we are at Disney next week.
Steelwheels
Beginner

Thanks for the welcome and replies. Looking forward to a fun ski season. :D