The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Checking In

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
agentp
Beginner

Hi. I am from Columbia, SC. I got hooked on skiing and boarding just a few years ago and now drag my husband and 8 yr old son to the slopes whenever possible. I'll be looking for SkiNC stickers etc when we are out.
marzski
Advanced

@agentp 237355 wrote:Hi. I am from Columbia, SC. I got hooked on skiing and boarding just a few years ago and now drag my husband and 8 yr old son to the slopes whenever possible. I'll be looking for SkiNC stickers etc when we are out.

Welcome! I gave up on my husband in terms of skiing. Luckily my daughter took to skiing early on. Although at 10, she is wanting to check out boarding. We are in the Raleigh, NC area. Tend to ski in Virginia more than NC mountains.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
Ski Bunny
Advanced

Hi! I'm from Columbia too! Welcome!
skipink
Expert

Welcome to you. Carpool with Skibunny and leave the fam at home! Come on up to Beech this weekend and meet the crew.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
marzski
Advanced

Time to start planning a SkiSE Diva gathering. :)
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
agentp
Beginner

Thanks for the welcome. I have to say that hubby and son are good sports about my new found passion. It's just that hubby would rather be on his road bike....

We could not make the Beech Summit but just booked the Showshoe Summit. A future SkiSE Diva gathering sounds good to me!
Tman
Beginner

Welcome! I'm from Greenville, but a fellow South Carolinian.
agentp
Beginner

@marzski 237379 wrote:Time to start planning a SkiSE Diva gathering. :)

Glad to see you and jr will be at the summit! My son is going to stay home this time.
marzski
Advanced

@agentp 237896 wrote:Glad to see you and jr will be at the summit! My son is going to stay home this time.

Where are you staying? I decided on Silver Creek because my 10yo daughter loves an indoor pool. Plus easier for a little night skiing.
agentp
Beginner

@marzski 237973 wrote:Where are you staying? I decided on Silver Creek because my 10yo daughter loves an indoor pool. Plus easier for a little night skiing.

Camp 4 March 2-6. This will be our first trip so I had no idea where to book.