The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Custom ski boots

Introduce yourself to the masses and join in on the fun!
Drjamonit

I have had several pair of ski boots, made appointments with best fitters and my boots always hurt. I have decided that I am going with custom fitted boots for my next pair. Are there any shops in the southeast that do this or am I best off waiting for my next trip out west and having it done there? I have seen some places in Colorado that will have you fitted and out the door in one appointment.
brigand
Beginner

killglobalwarmingnow wrote: ↑Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:02 pm I think at this point your best option is to start snowboarding and sell all your ski gear
Comfortable boots was not an insignificant factor in me switching :)
marzski
Advanced

Drjamonit wrote: ↑Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:46 pm I have had several pair of ski boots, made appointments with best fitters and my boots always hurt. I have decided that I am going with custom fitted boots for my next pair. Are there any shops in the southeast that do this or am I best off waiting for my next trip out west and having it done there? I have seen some places in Colorado that will have you fitted and out the door in one appointment.
How did you find the "best fitters?" Any shop that promises a perfect fit after one appointment would be suspect to me. For anyone with difficult feet, having to go back to tweak the fit is pretty typical. Meaning that tweaks for no extra charge are part of the purchase process.

What state are you in?
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

If your in the area,as I dont know your travels or anything but Ive had success with the Boot Doctors in Telluride. Pricey but good.
If I can remember his name or Ill try to check with a friend in Denver who knows it ,there is an independent boot fitter in Breckinridge .First name is Jeff (Buescher?) or something like that. Hes also a little pricey but some of my friends in the Denver area and the ones who live in the mountains swear by him.Ive used him once and was impressed with what he could do. You would probably need an appointment with him ,that is if hes still around as the virus has destroyed businesses for alot of undeserving folks.So sad
Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

Jeff Bergeron at Boot Fixation on Main Street, Breckinridge, Google his name and it will pop up quickly
skimannc1
Beginner

Southern Ski in Columbia SC is thr best boot fitting in the Carolina's. Mike is incredible. He has the ability to heat and mold the entire boot to your foot. He has a fit guarantee with the purchase of any boot and will work in then as many times as needed.