The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Hawksnest Ski Resort - Seven Devils, Boone, North Carolina

Discuss Lost or Closed NC Ski Areas here
thefirewarde
Beginner

I learned there (well, learned pizza-french fry there) the last year they were open. I'm still hoping that someday I'll be able to ski there again. I also fell off the magic carpet so they may not want me back :rolleyes:

Still have my lift ticket, too. Miss ya, Hawk.
Bronco
Expert

@thefirewarde 257433 wrote: I'm still hoping that someday I'll be able to ski there again. Still have my lift ticket, too. Miss ya, Hawk.

That can be accomplished. Just sayin..............

http://skinc.com/messageboard/showthrea ... =Hawksnest
carvebeast
Advanced

was just readin through this thread. just remembered i learned to snowboard at hawk many moons ago. buddy took me up, set me up with a rental, and said good luck. by the end of the day i was linking turns down top gun and i was in love. landed my first 3 there. learned my first boardslide there. hit my first rail there. lots of history. loved the low key vibe and no crowds.
NCSkiFanatic15
Advanced

@Bronco 257437 wrote:That can be accomplished. Just sayin..............

http://skinc.com/messageboard/showthrea ... =Hawksnest

Two thumbs up.
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

the talk of a buy out is up to jeeb
Joel_Maners
Beginner

Me and a buddy spent one of our best days skiing at Hawk. Miss that place terribly. Awesome little ski area.

Joel_Maners
Beginner

Another pic from one of my favorite days ever at the Hawk...

Freeheel Tarheel
Intermediate

^^^ sweet! good times. from 1988 when i was going to ASU.

adm1n
Intermediate

@Joel_Maners 270899 wrote:Another pic from one of my favorite days ever at the Hawk...

Joel...I have to admit that I WAS SO PISSED when they closed this place. I used to live up there - literally - and I would hit the slopes every day during the season. Some of my favorite memories as a 30-something into early 40s was hitting this place up with friends OFTEN.

Nighthawk was awesome - especially when it was til 4am. I still have a shirt and tire cover that was airbrushed with the nighthawk.

Great times for sure.
Tmiller72
Expert

I still hold out some hope that skiing will return there. But I think it will only happen with a new owner.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2