The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Hawksnest Ski Resort - Seven Devils, Boone, North Carolina

Discuss Lost or Closed NC Ski Areas here
THA HATTER
Beginner

how profitable are they with tubing?
bamapilot
Expert

I'm sure they would answer all those questions for anyone willing to buy the place.
mommehK
Expert

@mtbartlett 282778 wrote:how profitable are they with tubing?

More or less than with their ziplines?
Bronco
Expert

I so wish I had gone up there when I had the chance.
teledave
Expert

@bamapilot 248800 wrote:The town only has itself to blame. When Hawks was looking into expanding and putting money back into the resort the town shut them down. Now the town needs them and it's a little late to want anything out of Hawks. The Nest could be the best place in the High Country if they had been giving the chance.

Glad I hit the place before it closed.

+Infinity
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
Tmiller72
Expert

A tear forms whenever we get natural snow. I can see the slopes from where I live.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
WVULINK
Beginner

Drove up to Hawksnest on Labor day to check it out. What a shame that skiing is now longer allowed. Looked like a fun little place to ski, especially for beginners.
OnTheMtn
Beginner

Hawksnest was my favorite, taught there for a number of seasons. It had a great local base and the bar upstairs was always packed from about 4:30 on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
FroMan1136
Advanced

In my youth I enjoyed their late night runs. It is a sad loss for the area, the beginner, and the youth of WNC.
nooboarderjames
Intermediate

The Hawk was the first placed I learned to ski and snowboard. I really miss the place. It was that hidden area that all the locals went when all the other resorts were crowded with the ski tourists. I check every year hoping they were going to make a ski comeback, even though I know better.