The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Hawksnest Ski Resort - Seven Devils, Boone, North Carolina

Discuss Lost or Closed NC Ski Areas here
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

@jamsandwich 297781 wrote:lol

I take that as a No?

Damn shame. The expansion plans would have made a nice place to ride
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

@hnhbaxter 297640 wrote:Depending on who owns the land, it might be interesting to see if the owners would allow for a natural snow ski day for the SkiNC tribe. I wonder if with the right presentation was made and the right waivers were signed the owners would let a little off season brush clearing be done on a selected slope and "rent" the land on a good natural snow day.

Just a thought

I highly doubt it. Lenny is a cool guy but doing something like that publicly would open up a can of worms.
WOOOOOO!

hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

@theKENDOG 297927 wrote:I highly doubt it. Lenny is a cool guy but doing something like that publicly would open up a can of worms.

Yep, you are probably correct. I was just dreaming
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
bamapilot
Expert

It’s a damn shame they never could get this place back open again. The Nest and the midnight lifties were amazing.