The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

NY/NJ ski area

Discuss closed and lost ski areas! This portion of the messageboard was implemented so that those who have skied or played at any of the closed ski areas can share their experiences and discuss "old times". Understand that the content shared may not be 100% accurate.
bamapilot
Expert

Here are pics of the indoor ski facility that was to be build next to the Meadowlands football stadium. They built it, and then never opened. I'm not sure even if they had opened if they would have succeded due to there being good skiing near by. I think the only way this would survive is to build it where you have no natural competition.

Not exactly in the SE, but interesting none the less.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

Here is the link - it will open in 2013...maybe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanadu_Meadowlands
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
bamapilot
Expert

The bad thing about it is that when I do get up to New York, I'd prefer to go into the city versus riding on a CLOUDMONT size indoor ski area.
swamphox
Expert

not only that but wasnt it 60 bucks for 2 hours or something insane like that?

put it in orlando and you might have a shot
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3