The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

This must have taken some time

Discuss closed and lost ski areas! This portion of the messageboard was implemented so that those who have skied or played at any of the closed ski areas can share their experiences and discuss "old times". Understand that the content shared may not be 100% accurate.
yardsale
Expert

but looks like a fun new section, no doubt had this been here last season most of these places would have been poached with the natural snowfall amounts. could have led to some great pictures
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
adm1n
Intermediate

@yardsale 225966 wrote:but looks like a fun new section, no doubt had this been here last season most of these places would have been poached with the natural snowfall amounts. could have led to some great pictures

Not so much (time) but we'd had a fair number of people ask about it and Brad Moretz of Appalachain provided a lot of insight and we felt like sharing it.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

awesome newness
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
skipro
Beginner

Thanks for getting this information together. When I lived in New England, it was a fun day trip to try and locate lost ski areas. I didn't realize that there was so many here in the Southeast.

Also, one area not listed in NC was Sheepback Mountain in Maggie Valley. This property was slightly developed with a couple of trails cut and a pond dug for snowmaking. I once rented a house in MV that had an old Sheepback sign in the crawl space. I also had an opportunity to look at a master plan for the resort, that included a tram from MV up to the base of the property. Another example of someone with great dreams and no money.
jbc28
Expert

Pdiddy would have ruled this forum. RIP Jon.
adm1n
Intermediate

@jbc28 226296 wrote:Pdiddy would have ruled this forum. RIP Jon.

Tru dat...
afrobigfoot
Expert

dont know how much time it would have taken most look like word for word copies from dcski