The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Snowmaking?

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
[email protected]
Tagline: tnskiz

Are my webcam eyes playing tricks on me or are they making snow at the summit at Sugar?
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

[email protected] wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:37 am Are my webcam eyes playing tricks on me or are they making snow at the summit at Sugar?
It indeed looks like it has begun.
WOOOOOO!

Castiel
Beginner

Hears to hoping for a few turns this weekend.
17/18 Skiing Days: Beech 1, Cat 1, Wolf 1, App 1
marzski
Advanced

Massanutten blowing all the way to the bottom. In the 20s on the mountain as of 9:00am Nov. 11. Maybe they will be able to open next Saturday, Nov. 18. Often only open with Southern Comfort and Lower Showtime. With more water available, maybe they can blow Upper Showtime too.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
davidski
Expert

I was at Massanutten this afternoon until they closed lifts at 5...outstanding opening, multiple routes top to bottom including their advanced terrain ... wintergreen was excellent to but shorter since highlands is not open
marzski
Advanced

LucienHay wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:29 am Hi Marzski, how does the weather look like currently? Is there enough snow?
Based on my experience at Mnut the last 10 years, there is more than enough snow. I'm expecting at least one more trail to be opened by Christmas week. Usually it takes longer to get a deep enough base established on Geronimo to withstand warm days. The added water supply means more fire power when the temps are cold enough. There have been more day time opportunities than recent years. So the relatively late opening does not mean less terrain.

When are you thinking of going?
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.