The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Paging Brad

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
skipanther
Advanced

I think there have been seasons in which some of the resorts are not 100% open,so far this season there are a lot that are only 50% open!You said it, this weather is depressing and to add insult to injury,90% of Charlotteans are coooing,ahhhing,etc w/joy or saying "this weather is amazing"!Makes me angry,we can get 70s most of the year,why in January?!
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Woodsrider427 wrote:This leads me to a question for all the veteran southeast skiers, has there ever been a season where the resorts never reached 100% open? I hate to think of that but I was just curious.
There was definitely a season 3 or so years ago where Beech and Sugar didn't fully open.
WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert

skipanther wrote:I think there have been seasons in which some of the resorts are not 100% open,so far this season there are a lot that are only 50% open!You said it, this weather is depressing and to add insult to injury,90% of Charlotteans are coooing,ahhhing,etc w/joy or saying "this weather is amazing"!Makes me angry,we can get 70s most of the year,why in January?!
Not gonna lie, it did feel good yesterday to be walking around in shorts and a t-shirt. 71 degrees!
WOOOOOO!

yardsale
Expert

theKENDOG wrote:
skipanther wrote:I think there have been seasons in which some of the resorts are not 100% open,so far this season there are a lot that are only 50% open!You said it, this weather is depressing and to add insult to injury,90% of Charlotteans are coooing,ahhhing,etc w/joy or saying "this weather is amazing"!Makes me angry,we can get 70s most of the year,why in January?!
Not gonna lie, it did feel good yesterday to be walking around in shorts and a t-shirt. 71 degrees!
#lakelife
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
theKENDOG
Expert

yardsale wrote:#lakelife
I wish. No more lake life for kendog.
WOOOOOO!

yardsale
Expert

theKENDOG wrote:
yardsale wrote:#lakelife
I wish. No more lake life for kendog.
#suburbslife?
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
skipanther
Advanced

theKENDOG wrote:
Yeah one or 2 days of it maybe but not over 2 weeks,besides next week is warm and rainy,no bueno!
Woodsrider427
Beginner

It was nice working and every day life weather today in Raleigh, but I couldn't stop thinking how this has to be killing the skiing areas. I used to definitely be one of those "coooing and ahhhing" over weather like this mid winter, but now I have my fingers crossed for a deep freeze. Maybe we'll luck out in February and March.
skipanther
Advanced

Yeah,since January only had 3 days of Winter,I hope the end of January til April is a big slap in the face to the coooooing and ahhhing jerks!