The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Winterplace Presidents Day Weekend

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
skigeorgia
Beginner

I'll be at Winterplace Saturday through Monday. Looks like fresh snow Friday night and tons of snow on Monday. Looks like fantastic conditions all three days. Unfortunately, Saturday looks like North Pole weather, with highs around 0 and wind chills -30 to -20 degrees. Any chance that they may close due to extreme cold?
grinderstation
Beginner

No chance. one of the four biggest revenue days of the year. Canaan last year, high was zero and both resorts were going strong.
skipink
Expert

I've been at Sugar when it was -10. Cold as fuschia! Of course that was the same weekend as the SS campout. I did not choose wisely.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
pagamony
Advanced

skiing == outdoor winter activity.
davidski
Expert

First time I met Pagamony was at Canaan Valley when it was -2 night skiing, the lifties had left the whole thing just spinning completely unattended

Cold is AWESOME
skipanther
Advanced

The high for SS Sat is predicted to be around 4F so I'm pretty sure it will be around 10 or so @WP,w/winds maybe -10 windchills,if you bundle up that's doable!
skipanther
Advanced

Some of the best conditions are when it feels artic outside!
swamphox
Expert

-6 last yr at Cat, the snow sounded like styrafoam and was FAST. good times
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
skipanther
Advanced

Very cold and snowy GOOD,warm and rainy BAD!