The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

A promising forecast

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
davidski
Expert

Gotta grab anything at this point but I like this article a lot --you weatherheads familiar with him?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/cap ... antic-d-c/
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Not a weatherhead really, but I did see this posted somewhere else. Regardless, I too like it. He and a few others have been forecasting this mild Nov/Dec and the back-loaded winter. Lets hope they're better then 50% correct!
davidski
Expert

spydeeTJB wrote:Not a weatherhead really, but I did see this posted somewhere else. Regardless, I too like it.

Did you see my shadow too?
jt3
Intermediate

Looks like third week of Dec before we see hope for change - https://www.aer.com/science-research/cl ... scillation
marzski
Advanced

Guess it's just as well that this year I had no plans to head to Massanutten before Christmas.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

marzski wrote:Guess it's just as well that this year I had no plans to head to Massanutten before Christmas.
Next weekend looks plenty cold as of right now. I'm heading up to Leesburg next weekend and will be there the week of Christmas. Might take my board with me and head to Massanutten for a day if they can make snow and open up.
WOOOOOO!

jt3
Intermediate

dammit man.....
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

jt3 wrote:dammit man.....
It's 10+ days out. Things can always change. Cross your fingers.
WOOOOOO!

yardsale
Expert

theKENDOG wrote:
marzski wrote:Guess it's just as well that this year I had no plans to head to Massanutten before Christmas.
Next weekend looks plenty cold as of right now. I'm heading up to Leesburg next weekend and will be there the week of Christmas. Might take my board with me and head to Massanutten for a day if they can make snow and open up.
interesting. hmu if you go. i'll be about midway between mnut and wtg thurs-sun xmas weekend.
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
Enceladus57
Beginner

Maybe Ken the Dog face can blame The Governor of NC for the bad weather.....please take the trip dog face....please.......