The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Weather forecasting for Beech?

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
BamaDave
Beginner

Okay I'm looking ahead and trying to figure out when I might be able to sneak up to Beech for an early-week session, but I've never been there and am not familiar with how the Boone forecast relates to actual conditions at the mountain. I MIGHT be able to drive up this coming Sunday (Jan 12th) to ski that night and then during the day on Monday and possibly Tuesday. But the 10-day forecast looks pretty crappy for Boone, with mid 50s on Sunday and mid 40s on Mon-Tue. So is that what I should actually expect on the mountain, or will it be much colder with snow instead of rain on the slopes? I'm anxious to get up there and I definitely don't want to go the following weekend because of MKL day. But if it's really going to suck this coming Sun-Mon-Tue, I can wait and try to go up on Jan 26th instead.

Any advice from the locals?

David
Ski Bunny
Advanced

Check out raysweather.com. Click on Avery county, then Beech Mountain. That will give you a forecast for Beech.
BamaDave
Beginner

@Ski Bunny 295429 wrote:Check out raysweather.com. Click on Avery county, then Beech Mountain. That will give you a forecast for Beech.

Okay thanks! Looks like I need to wait a couple of weeks....

David